At Magna Mechanical safety is at the forefront in every decision we make. Our first priority in every task, every day on every project is to ensure Magna Mechanical employees, customers and subcontractors go home to their family’s injury free.
We achieve this by:
- Prioritize: Priorities at Magna Mechanical are #1 Safety #2 Our People #3 Quality
- Empowerment: All Magna Mechanical employees are authorized to identify safety risk and unsafe work practices. Every employee at Magna Mechanical has the authority to stop their own work or the work of others if they see unsafe work practices.
- Training: All Magna Mechanical field personnel is OSHA 10 safety trained before working on the job site. All Project Superintendents are OSHA 30 safety trained. All Project Managers, Estimators and Executives must have at least OSHA 30 certification.
- Planning: Every crew must start the day by actively participating in a Job Hazard Analysis or “JHA”. It has been proven that thinking through the steps of your task and identifying possible safety hazards result in fewer incidents and recordables. During our project planning process Magna Mechanical management & executives review and assess every project to determine any special safety consideration. Magna Mechanical may place full time safety personnel on a project if the job site is congested or the schedule is accelerated. Magna Mechanical may opt to prefabricate in our shop to reduce risk.
- Assessment: On the rare occasions we have an incident, near miss or recordable at Magna Mechanical our Safety Director may stop work, perform a thorough investigation and determine the cause of incident. The Safety Director will review their findings and corrective action with the field personnel and ensure they understand what steps can be taken to eliminate or reduce this hazard in the future.
Magna Mechanical LLC